Education briefs: Tanger Outlets gives grant to Park City schools
June 21, 2018
Tanger Outlets gives grant to Park City schools
Tanger Outlets in Park City recently announced that three schools in the Park City School District will be recipients of the TangerKIDS Grant. According to a press release, Ecker Hill Middle School, McPolin Elementary School and Jeremy Ranch Elementary School will be awarded the grants for the 2018-19 school year. The grant program awards money to local schools in communities where Tanger Outlet Centers are located.
Weilenmann School looking for volunteers
The Weilenmann School of Discovery is looking for high school student volunteers to help run the school's Camp Invention. According to Denyse Easley Seppanen, who is helping to put on the event, the camp is scheduled to run from June 25 to 29 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and is offered to students between kindergarten and sixth grade. High school volunteers will need to go through an online training as well as document their community service hours. Those interested in volunteering should contact Seppanen at 801-652-7364.
Library offers free ukulele lessons
The Summit County Library's Kimball Junction branch is offering free ukulele lessons. According to the library's newsletter, the classes are scheduled to be offered on June 22 and 29 at 10 a.m. and is open to people of all ages. Those wishing to participate must bring their own ukulele. Advanced registration is required by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 435-615-3900.
Trending In: Education
- Investigation: Park City School District discriminated against diabetic student
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Ecker Hill Middle School dual-language students take first at fair
- Review faults Park City School District special education program
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- U.S. Ski and Snowboard seeks hundreds to volunteer for largest ski competition in Park City since Olympics
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested