Education briefs: Tanger Outlets gives grant to Park City schools
June 21, 2018
Tanger Outlets gives grant to Park City schools
Tanger Outlets in Park City recently announced that three schools in the Park City School District will be recipients of the TangerKIDS Grant. According to a press release, Ecker Hill Middle School, McPolin Elementary School and Jeremy Ranch Elementary School will be awarded the grants for the 2018-19 school year. The grant program awards money to local schools in communities where Tanger Outlet Centers are located.
Weilenmann School looking for volunteers
The Weilenmann School of Discovery is looking for high school student volunteers to help run the school's Camp Invention. According to Denyse Easley Seppanen, who is helping to put on the event, the camp is scheduled to run from June 25 to 29 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and is offered to students between kindergarten and sixth grade. High school volunteers will need to go through an online training as well as document their community service hours. Those interested in volunteering should contact Seppanen at 801-652-7364.
Library offers free ukulele lessons
The Summit County Library's Kimball Junction branch is offering free ukulele lessons. According to the library's newsletter, the classes are scheduled to be offered on June 22 and 29 at 10 a.m. and is open to people of all ages. Those wishing to participate must bring their own ukulele. Advanced registration is required by emailing email@example.com or by calling 435-615-3900.
Trending In: Education
- District in need of space as preschool program expands
- Three Park City robotics teams qualify for First Tech Challenge World Championship
- Park City parents concerned about new standards-based grading scale
- Legislature ends with increased funding for education, student wellness
- Silver Summit Elementary principal recognized as Utah’s Innovator of the Year
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- Wyoming man sentenced for attempted murder at Summit County convenience store
- Osguthorpe Farm deal hinges on additional $375,000
- Park City ‘roof-alanche’ sends big snow pile onto Main Street sidewalk