Einhorn selected to fill full-time assistant superintendent position
March 25, 2014
When former assistant superintendent of the Park City School District Lori Gardner retired after almost eight years with the district in December 2013, Korrin Ledbetter was brought in on an interim basis. Over the last couple of months, candidates for the position were vetted and interviewed, and a selection by superintendent Dr. Ember Conley was announced through a faculty email last week.
Trailside Elementary School principal Dr. Kathleen Einhorn was Conley’s selection to replace Gardner and will assume her new role in the district effective July 1.
Tim McConnell, director of human resources, said the job was posted in early January, and a committee was soon formed to interview candidates he and Conley first vetted.
"I facilitated the interview committee, which consisted of two parents, two teachers, two administrators and two PCSD Board of Education members," he said. "They interviewed the candidates, and based on the process, it was the superintendent that made the final decision."
The school board members discussed among themselves which two would represent them on the committee, he said, and an email was sent out to parents, teachers, principals and administrators in the district asking if anyone was interested in being a part of the committee.
According to McConnell, they decided to extend the application window to see how many applicants they would receive from outside the school district and interviews were held on Feb. 28. Conley made a decision the next week.
Recommended Stories For You
With Einhorn assuming her new position in July, there will be a search for her replacement as principal at Trailside. McConnell said they are now accepting applications for the job from both outside and within the district, and the window to apply closes Friday, March 28.
"We don’t have a date set yet for interviews for Einhorn’s replacement, but I’m sure they will be fairly soon," he said. "We will take a look at the applications on Monday after the application window closes on Friday and then schedule interviews."
Trending In: Education
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Statewide SAGE exam to be replaced by two new tests
- Parents fight to keep Park City School District superintendent
- Winter Sports School sends another class of graduates into the world
- McPolin Elementary School only school in district to open to out-of-district enrollment
- Seasonal workers without housing in Park City struggle to find anywhere to live
- Inside the snowmaking process at Deer Valley Resort (photos)
- Summit County wants a larger role in overseeing Park City’s transit system
- Park City official worries runaway trucks will eventually kill people
- UPDATED: Park City-area man dies after collapsing at PCMR