Elementary students headed to state Geographic Bee
March 25, 2014
Parley’s Park Elementary School fourth-grader Emma Greally, Jeremy Ranch Elementary School fifth-grader Stryder Larsen, McPolin Elementary School fifth-grader Zachary Barker and Trailside Elementary School fourth-grader Mitchell Lind will represent the district at the 2014 Utah State National Geographic Bee on Friday, April 4, at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. The students had to take a written test and receive a score in the top 100 in the state to qualify, according to DeEtte Earl, the district’s elementary gifted education specialist.
Trending In: Education
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Statewide SAGE exam to be replaced by two new tests
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- With Silver Summit Academy, South Summit provides new option for students
- In new role, psychologist aims to make a difference in Park City schools (with video)
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence