Future scientists take the U by storm
April 1, 2014
The Salt Lake Valley Science and Engineering Fair was held March 18-20 at the University of Utah’s Center for Science and Mathematics Education, which also operates the event. Park City School District students who placed at the district science fair held on Tuesday, Feb. 25, participated, and several placed in their respective categories and won special awards.
Students in grades 5-12 advanced to the elementary, junior and senior divisions, and there was at least one winner from each school in PCSD in each division.
Elizabeth Prucka and Maddie Reed are students at Park City High School, and their project, "Guns, Flames and Steel 2.0: Modern Armor for Modern Warfare," not only placed first in their category but has qualified them for the INTEL International Science and Engineering Fair in Los Angeles, Calif. for the second year in a row.
The other PCSD students who placed at the event are listed in the graphic below.
Trending In: Education
- Sundance, FIS Worlds overlap dates in Park City in 2019
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- Guest editorial: A gondola could help mitigate Park City’s traffic problem
- Subway to move to Snow Creek Drive
- Park City killer took ‘whatever’ attitude toward victim’s popularity