Robominers are best in the West
March 14, 2018
The Robominers, Park City High School's top robotics team, won the FIRST Tech Challenge West Super Regional Championship last weekend. The top 72 teams from 12 Western states competed in Spokane, Washington, said Laura Monty, co-coach of the robotics club.
The Robominers were part of a three-team alliance that won the competition. The team will now advance to the FIRST Tech Challenge World Championship in Houston, Texas, on April 18-21.
The Park City High team also won the Think award, which recognizes the best engineering notebook, and an award for its video about what FIRST robotics means to them. They also won second place for the Inspire award, which is given to the team that demonstrates team work, enthusiasm and professionalism.
The team is raising funds to help pay the expenses to go to the world championships. Those interested can donate at https://www.gofundme.com/park-city-robotics-trip-to-houston.
Trending In: Education
- Former Statehouse candidate Meaghan Miller named executive director of EATS Park City
- Education briefs: Park City Film hosts kid screenings over break
- Nonprofit leader intends to pick up mountains of trash near Everest
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Statewide SAGE exam to be replaced by two new tests
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City grocer will shun plastic bags regardless of Utah lawmakers