Soaring Wings International Montessori School’s ‘Boot Scootin’ Holiday Hoedown’
December 24, 2013
Soaring Wings International Montessori School’s student body put on a play called "Boot Scootin’ Holiday Hoedown" on Friday, Dec. 20. According to executive director Duna Strachan, every student toddlers to sixth-graders had a part to play in the story that recalled the history of Park City. First- through sixth-graders studied the town’s history this year, and the play was based on the mining and ranching days of the past. Each class performed a western version of a holiday song throughout the play.
Trending In: Education
- Students learn about ecosystems, service in Galapagos Islands
- Silver Summit Elementary principal recognized as Utah’s Innovator of the Year
- Education briefs: Parley’s Park Elementary School to perform Beauty and the Beast Jr.
- Park City parents concerned about new standards-based grading scale
- The winning word, “babushka,” crowns Ecker Hill sixth-grader Park Record Spelling Bee champion
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Park City police told of homeless cases, including along Main Street