Student to Student: A look into homecoming week at Park City High School
September 27, 2016
Homecoming week is in full swing for Park City High School and the calendar of events is full of school spirit and ways to get in touch with your inner Miner.
For a lot of people, this is the most exciting part of the school year. It gives everyone a chance to show some Miner pride during school hours. Each day, there is a theme and all the students get to dress accordingly. For instance, Monday was pajama day, and let me just say, that you can plan on seeing me in my pajamas looking like I just go out of bed, because honestly, who tries to look good on pajama day? I know I don't.
Not only do I enjoy dressing up, but I also like going to the events throughout the week. Some are a little insane like the car smashing and others are very humorous to watch, like the Powder Puff Football game — an intense football match between the junior and senior girls.
But whatever you do… don’t wear camouflage on Friday. That is reserved for the seniors and only the seniors. So, if you decide to wear it and you’re not a senior, just know that I warned you.
The most important day is the big Homecoming Football game on Friday night, where the Miners play their biggest rival: Judge Memorial Catholic School. So far this year, the Miners have been doing great, they have had multiple wins, so hopefully they can pull out another win on this special week against their biggest competitors. The pressure is on Miners.
As the week draws to a close, there is one final event, and that is the Homecoming Dance. The dance is meant for all the students to come together and celebrate. Whether you get asked in a fun way with posters and candy or you just go with a group of friends, the dance is there so you could have a good time talking and dancing with all your classmates.
Recommended Stories For You
In the end, Homecoming isn't about the funny games and celebrations, it's about coming together. Our school is very cliquey and different groups enjoy doing different things, so having a Homecoming brings everyone together, and it doesn’t matter if you’re a band geek or a cheerleader, what matters is that we all share the same love for our school and community.
Homecoming Week Events
- Powder Buff volleyball game on Monday at 6 p.m.- 7:30p.m.
- Car Smashing for Homecoming on Wednesday from 5- 6 p.m.
- Powder Puff Football on Wednesday at 6 p.m.- 8 p.m.
- Homecoming Game and Tailgate on Friday at 6 p.m.- 10 p.m.
- Homecoming Dance on Saturday at Silver Lake Lodge at 7:30 p.m.- 11 p.m.
Trending In: Education
- Park City visitor arrested after confrontation with teens dressed as zombies on Main Street
- Amid influx of nightly rentals, Park City grapples with a changing community
- Tom Clyde: No question which vote on Treasure is the right one for Park City
- Park City voters receive mailer with exaggerated Treasure details
- Record editorial: Vote ‘yes’ on bond and end the Treasure development dispute at last