Treasure Mountain Junior High Commercial Art Class
March 15, 2013
The Treasure Mountain Junior High Commercial Art Class connects students to the community by working with local non-profits to create authentic assignments that are used and displayed throughout Park City. This effort provides hands-on professional experience for the students. The assignments are further validated when the non-profits utilize the work outside of the school.
The students have created flyers, posters, logos, and T-shirt designs for numerous Park City non-profits including Recycle Utah, Mountain Trails, and Friends of the Avalanche Center. Recently, the students designed a marketing campaign to promote the Image Reborn Foundation and their healing retreats for women who have survived breast cancer. These retreats are offered free of charge by the foundation.
For the Image Reborn Foundation marketing campaign including ads, poster, and flyer designs, student Bobby Records took impressive photos of the Park City landscape at sunset. These photos were used by Ben Sherer-Lykes, Zach O’Neal, Kyle Webster, and Sheridan Buchholz. The foundation provided the photos used by Alex Seshadri, Jared Shumate, Jake Hunsaker, Zeke Cohen, Drew Castellanos, Molly Edington, Mason Johnson, Nick Mountz, John Radford, Jesse Reid, Mitch Schow and Hunter Sax to create their designs.
The Image Reborn Foundation will launch a multi-media campaign using the designs this May.
Since 1999, Image Reborn Foundation has provided free 3-day, healing retreats to breast cancer survivors. Rejuvenated through yoga, massage, journaling, nutrition, medical direction and more, women restore self-esteem and rebuild life beyond cancer. For more information on the healing retreats, visit http://www.imagerebornfoundation.org.
Trending In: Education
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- Review faults Park City School District special education program
- Ecker Hill Middle School dual-language students take first at fair
- Eduation briefs: Communities that Care to host event for parents
- Investigation: Park City School District discriminated against diabetic student
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested