Fire guts kitchen near Oakley | ParkRecord.com

Fire guts kitchen near Oakley

Patrick ParkinsonOf the Record staff

Firefighters in South Summit stopped an early morning house fire New Year’s Day from spreading throughout a home at 622 W. Weber Canyon Road.

The fire began Jan. 1 at about 5:35 p.m., said Scott Nagle, a spokesman for the South Summit Fire District.

Sixteen volunteer firefighters battled the blaze for about four hours, he said, adding that they used two engines, a fire truck and one ambulance.

"It started in the kitchen and spread throughout the dining room and living room and into one bathroom," Nagle said. "The integrity of the structure is still in good shape and the rest of the structure was untouched pretty much."

Nobody was injured.

"I don’t know what it was started by, I believe it was some appliance in the kitchen area," Nagle said.