Fire in Coalville guts home on Main Street | ParkRecord.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Fire in Coalville guts home on Main Street

Patrick Parkinson, Of the Record staff

An 83-year-old Coalville woman was not inside her home Dec. 19 when fire gutted the house at 287 N. Main Street.

Firefighters from the North Summit Fire District found the house engulfed in flames when they arrived in the afternoon.

"Despite a quick response, fire crews were unable to save the home," a press release from the Summit County Sheriff’s Office states.

Three dogs died inside the home, Coalville resident DeAnn Geary said in a telephone interview.

"I think when it went off the dogs couldn’t get out," Geary lamented. "They did retrieve the bodies and we took those to be cremated."

The house belonged to Geary’s aunt, Pat Anderson.

"The family possibly will be there rummaging through trying to see if there was anything left they could save," Geary said, adding that Anderson’s deceased husband’s ashes were spared inside a wooden box. "It didn’t burn the box, so we were able to bring her husband out and we were able to save a few photographs."

"It was strange how some things were burnt and others weren’t," she said.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Park City and Summit County make the Park Record's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User