Flood damage reports | ParkRecord.com

Flood damage reports

Submitted by Summit County Public Works

Following recent flooding from the Weber River, Summit County is focused on cleanup and restoration of affected areas. As a part of this phase, Summit County is asking residents who have sustained structural damage to their homes or properties to report the damage by either reporting online or by contacting Maren Geary at Summit County Public Works, (435) 336-3970.

The County may qualify for federal disaster assistance, and accurate documentation of information regarding flood damage is critical for the county to seek this federal support. Such qualification may make financial assistance possible for Summit County residential and business properties damaged by the flooding.

Summit County Emergency Management is working to identify private property damage caused by flooding from spring and early summer, 2011. The purpose of this assessment is to identify safety concerns and determine if Summit County and the affected cities within Summit County qualify for federal assistance. The deadline to collect the information is Friday July 29, 2011.

Summit County residents who sustained property damage to their homes or businesses and have not yet reported their information to authorities are asked to complete the damage survey form available on line by going to http://www.summitcounty.org. Residents who are unable to complete the form online or have questions can call (435) 336.3970 beginning Friday, July 29, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to provide the information to call takers.

County and city building inspectors will provide follow-up inspections of all damage reports. Reporting of the property damage does not automatically qualify residents or business owners for reimbursement of damages or individual government assistance programs.

Recommended Stories For You

Property owners who have had non-structural damage to their property (such as flooded yards or loss of river bank) must apply to the County for a floodplain development permit prior to making any improvements. In addition, some channel work will require a federal permit. These permit requests will be reviewed and issued by the County Engineer office. The request form can be found online at the Summit County website at http://www.summitcounty.org. On the site, go to the department pull-down menu, and then to Engineering. Under printable forms is a form for the floodplain development application. If you have questions regarding this form, please contact Kent Wilkerson at (435) 336-3294.