Initial contact info for people in Japan |

Initial contact info for people in Japan

submitted by The Red Cross

As of Friday morning The Red Cross released a statement that it was unable to accept inquiries to contact or locate family and friends in Japan. However, several resources are available as follows:

Inquiries concerning U.S. citizens living or traveling in Japan should be referred to the U.S. Department of State, Office of Overseas Citizens Services at 1-888-407-4747 or 202 647-5225.

For inquiries about relatives living in Japan who are not US citizens keep calling or to try contacting other family members who live in the region. Even though communication networks are overloaded right now, the situation may change and access to mobile networks and the internet may improve.

The Google Person Finder site is available at:


See more