Kitchen fire damages Main Street restaurant | ParkRecord.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Kitchen fire damages Main Street restaurant

Kitchen fire damages Main Street restaurant

A fire ignited in the kitchen of the Main Street restaurant Bistro 412 Wednesday evening, damaging the building before firefighters put it out.

According to Bob de Botelho, a Park City Police Department detective who responded to Bistro 412, a restaurant worker was cleaning close to a gas line attached to a stove in the kitchen. The gas line popped off, and the gas ignited before the worker could shut off the line, de Botelho said.

The restaurant worker, head chef Adam Ross, said he suffered a minor burn on his right arm. No other injuries were reported.

Firefighters ripped open a hole on the downhill side of the building to extinguish the fire, which started at a little before 5:30 p.m. The firefighters were on the Main Street and Swede Alley sides of the building, with most of the efforts on the Swede Alley side.

A crowd gathered on Main Street to watch the firefighters. Police officers diverted traffic from a stretch of Main Street outside the restaurant.

Chief Building Official Ron Ivie and other investigators started their probe as the firefighters were finishing their work.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Park City and Summit County make the Park Record's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


News


See more