Oven fire quickly put out | ParkRecord.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Oven fire quickly put out

Firefighters quickly extinguished an oven fire that temporarily forced dozens of people out of their apartments at Aspen Villas Thursday evening.

Steve Zwirn, a Park City Fire District battalion chief who responded, said nobody was injured. The fire was contained to one first-floor apartment.

According to Zwirn, the apartment earlier in the day was sprayed with insecticide. Before the spraying, somebody put pots and pans in the oven to protect them from the insecticide.

A caregiver later arrived to cook dinner, did not realize the pots and pans were in the oven and turned it on, Zwirn said. The plastic lids and handles on the pots and pans ignited.

The fire was contained to the oven. Zwirn said sprinklers went off, and firefighters put out the fire with an extinguisher.

Thirteen firefighters, three engines and two ambulances responded. Police officers were also summoned. Rush-hour traffic on Kearns Boulevard was slowed outside of Aspen Villas, 1847 Kearns Blvd.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Park City and Summit County make the Park Record's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User