Park City North Face store furnace burns, prompting emergency response | ParkRecord.com

Park City North Face store furnace burns, prompting emergency response

The Park City Fire District on Tuesday responded to a report of smoke in The North Face store on Main Street. A furnace motor burned, causing the smoke, the Fire District says. There was no damage to the building or merchandise, according to the Fire District.
Tanzi Propst/Park Record

A furnace motor burned in a Main Street building midday on Tuesday, the Park City Fire District said, prompting emergency responders to descend on the building before clearing the scene shortly afterward.

Two employees left The North Face store briefly as the firefighters investigated. Leroy Fernandez, a Fire District captain who responded, said the motor caused light smoke to fill the building. He said employees called 911 after they saw and smelled smoke. Fernandez said there was no damage to the building or the merchandise.

“They caught it early,” Fernandez said.

Four fire engines and two ambulances responded. The Park City Police Department responded as well. The Police Department temporarily closed a stretch of Main Street to traffic as the firefighters investigated. There was little traffic on the street at the time, but a few passersby appeared to stop to watch the response as snow fell.

Police officers and firefighters were seen in the building investigating.

Fernandez said the store returned to normal operations within an hour of the report. Store employees declined to comment.



News


See more