As mayor’s last meeting nears, it appears a Treasure deal remains elusive
December 16, 2013
Mayor Dana Williams and the Park City Council are not set to address the Treasure development question during a Thursday meeting, the last scheduled meeting of the year and Williams’ final one as mayor.
The agenda for the meeting, released on Monday, does not list Treasure as one of the items of business. It had seemed that leaders were working toward crafting an agreement or at least the framework of one that could be endorsed in some fashion prior to Williams leaving office.
The Treasure land is situated on a hillside overlooking Old Town. The Treasure partnership and a negotiating team from City Hall have been in long-running talks about the prospects of an agreement that would shift some of the development rights attached to the Treasure land to another location deemed more suitable for growth.
Trending In: Park City
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet