Body found on Park City trail in an apparent suicide
September 19, 2016
A body was found on a trail on the edge of Park Meadows on Saturday morning, the Park City Police Department said, indicating the man apparently committed suicide.
Wade Carpenter, the police chief, said a young man on a trail off Silver Cloud Drive found the body of a 64-year-old man on the ground. Carpenter said the man suffered what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. He said a gun was recovered at the scene. The man is from Summit County. The police did not immediately release his name pending notification of next of kin.
Carpenter said a warning had been placed on the man's vehicle the previous day after it was found left at a parking area close to the trail.
Trending In: Park City
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- Semi-truck leads deputies on chase through Kimball Junction
- New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels
- Vail Resorts awards grants to 35 nonprofits, announces PCMR improvements
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics