Body found on Park City trail in an apparent suicide
September 19, 2016
A body was found on a trail on the edge of Park Meadows on Saturday morning, the Park City Police Department said, indicating the man apparently committed suicide.
Wade Carpenter, the police chief, said a young man on a trail off Silver Cloud Drive found the body of a 64-year-old man on the ground. Carpenter said the man suffered what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. He said a gun was recovered at the scene. The man is from Summit County. The police did not immediately release his name pending notification of next of kin.
Carpenter said a warning had been placed on the man's vehicle the previous day after it was found left at a parking area close to the trail.
Trending In: Park City
- Snowboarder dies after accident at Park City Mountain Resort
- Deer Valley Resort announces capital improvements for 2019/2020 winter
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Meet Luke Cartin, Park City’s new Environmental Sustainability Manager
- Man killed by falling ice in Park City recalled as eloquent
- Vail Resorts chief in Park City: More work needed on housing, wages
- Park City police told of homeless cases, including along Main Street
- Marketplace: Tech company Banjo establishes roots in Park City
- Three generations help Red Banjo Pizza maintain its tradition
- UPDATED: Man pleads guilty in wife’s 2017 Park City hotel murder