Brew Pub lot does not fly as Deer Valley gondola location
May 15, 2015
As City Hall considers options for a development at the Brew Pub parking lot, one idea apparently no longer flies.
Deer Valley Resort had previously seen the Brew Pub lot as a potential location for a gondola terminal on a route that would link the resort’s slopes and Main Street.
But Bob Wheaton, the Deer Valley Resort president and general manager, said alternative locations are now under consideration. Deer Valley started researching other possibilities more than a year ago, he said.
"At least for today, it seems like there are better alignments," Wheaton said.
He said it would have been a challenge to finalize a route from the Brew Pub lot to the resort. Wheaton also said the Brew Pub lot does not provide access to other modes of transportation, something that is important as a gondola connection is designed.
Wheaton said Deer Valley is studying possibilities of a gondola route between the resort and a location adjacent to the Old Town transit center, which anchors the Park City bus system. Details have not been publicized. Wheaton said a timeline has not been crafted for a Deer Valley-Main Street gondola.
Trending In: Park City
- Sundance, FIS Worlds overlap dates in Park City in 2019
- Park City killer took ‘whatever’ attitude toward victim’s popularity
- Guest editorial: A gondola could help mitigate Park City’s traffic problem
- Guest editorial: Council mistake illustrates messy path ahead in Park City’s social equity push
- Vail Resorts sees net revenue increase despite low snow