Car break-ins reported outside soccer game at Quinn’s Junction
September 10, 2013
The Park City Police Department last week received a few reports of vehicle break-ins, including three at the recreation complex at Quinn’s Junction.
On Saturday, Sept. 7, the police received three reports of vehicle break-ins within less than an hour of each other starting at 3:06 p.m. on the 600 block of Gillmor Way, the location of the recreation complex.
In one of the cases, the police were told a car window was smashed and a wallet might have been taken. In an online posting, the Police Department said jewelry and unspecified other items were taken between the three cases as well.
"The burglaries took place in open daylight," the online posting said about the cases at the recreation complex.
The Police Department said the break-ins occurred while a soccer game was being played nearby. The police said they did not immediately have suspects in the break-ins.
On Thursday, Sept. 5 at 4:56 p.m., meanwhile, a wallet was reportedly stolen out of a vehicle that was parked on either Heber Avenue or Swede Alley. The wallet disappeared at between 12:45 p.m. and 1:15 p.m., the police were told.
Recommended Stories For You
There has been a string of vehicle break-ins in Park City starting in early August.
Anybody with information about the cases may contact the Police Department at 615-5500 or the department’s anonymous-tip line, 615-5847. The department also offers an online tip form. The link is: https://www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=994.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City ballerina leaps into World Ballet Art Competition in San Diego
- Odyssey Dance Theatre’s ‘Thriller’ brings funky Halloween fun to Park City
- Autumn Aloft hot air balloon festival returns to Park City
- Veteran Park City developer joins Bonanza Park team
- Mayflower land, site of massive development rights, put on market
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)