Child falls off Bonanza lift
January 5, 2016
The Bonanza lift at Park City Mountain Resort was shut down for approximately 20 minutes Sunday after a child fell from a lift chair.
Margo Van Ness, senior manager of communications at PCMR, said the incident occurred at about 1 p.m. A seven-year-old girl from Venezuela, who was wearing a helmet at the time, fell "a short distance" off the chair she was riding with her family just above the base of the Bonanza lift. Park City Mountain Patrol immediately responded to the scene and provided basic medical care.
Van Ness said the girl was transported to the Park City base patrol clinic where she was treated and released.
— Jeff Dempsey, The Park Record
Trending In: Park City
- Removal of dining club licenses shakes up Park City establishments
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd
- UPDATED: St. Regis Big Stars, Bright Nights concert series lands new home
- Female players break the mold for Park City High School baseball
- Business briefs: PCMR director joins Snowbasin Resort