Construction worker falls 25 feet at Park City Film Studios
July 31, 2015
A construction worker fell approximately 25 feet in an accident at Park City Film Studios on Monday, the Park City Police Department said.
The man suffered what "appeared to be minor injuries," Phil Kirk, a police captain, said.
He is 33 years old and from Palmdale, Calif. Kirk said the man works for a movie-production company.
The accident was reported at 1:22 p.m. Kirk said the man was inside working on wood finishing. He said the man was in a harness but fell. Details about the circumstances of the accident were not immediately available.
An ambulance took the man to Park City Medical Center. The Police Department did not have details about the type of injuries the man sustained. Kirk said he is "fortunate" the injuries were not worse.
The Police Department and the Park City Building Department are investigating. Kirk said the case was classified as an industrial accident, meaning the investigation is not criminal in nature. The police notified the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration of the accident, Kirk said.
Trending In: Park City
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- Semi-truck leads deputies on chase through Kimball Junction
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- UDOT completes Utah’s largest wildlife crossing at Parleys Summit
- New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels