Construction worker falls 25 feet at Park City Film Studios
July 31, 2015
A construction worker fell approximately 25 feet in an accident at Park City Film Studios on Monday, the Park City Police Department said.
The man suffered what "appeared to be minor injuries," Phil Kirk, a police captain, said.
He is 33 years old and from Palmdale, Calif. Kirk said the man works for a movie-production company.
The accident was reported at 1:22 p.m. Kirk said the man was inside working on wood finishing. He said the man was in a harness but fell. Details about the circumstances of the accident were not immediately available.
An ambulance took the man to Park City Medical Center. The Police Department did not have details about the type of injuries the man sustained. Kirk said he is "fortunate" the injuries were not worse.
The Police Department and the Park City Building Department are investigating. Kirk said the case was classified as an industrial accident, meaning the investigation is not criminal in nature. The police notified the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration of the accident, Kirk said.
Trending In: Park City
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)