Crane soars skyward on Main Street
July 14, 2015
A large crane was put up at a construction site at 205 Main St. in late June, a visible reminder that Park City’s construction industry is enjoying an impressive post-recession run.
It had been standing at the Rio Grande construction site at 820 Park Ave. Crews disassembled the crane, moved it to the 205 Main St. site and then reassembled the crane.
Chad Root, the building official at City Hall, said the developer at 205 Main St. anticipates the crane will be removed by the start of the Sundance Film Festival in January, with the possibility it could be removed by Christmas.
The crane at 205 Main St. and another crane, located at the Stein Eriksen Residences site in Deer Valley, are both visible along the same line of sight from numerous vantages on Main Street. Root said the crane at the Stein Eriksen Residences site is expected to stand for another year.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- Inside the snowmaking process at Deer Valley Resort (photos)
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency
- Francis man arrested after shooting at two roommates, narrowly missing them
- Seasonal workers without housing in Park City struggle to find anywhere to live