Cyclist succumbs to injuries on mountain bike trail
Passing cyclists summon help for injured Nevada man
July 11, 2017
Friday, July 7, Deer Valley's bike patrol responded to the scene of mountain bike accident on the resort's Tidal Wave trail.
Emergency responders from the Park City Fire District assisted the bike patrol in stabilizing the patient who was airlifted to Intermountain Medical Center in Salt Lake City.
According to Park City Fire District Battalion Chief Eric Hales, the cause of the bike crash is not known. Passing cyclists spotted the downed rider and called 911. Hales said the man's helmet was badly damaged and he had suffered a severe head wound.
Tuesday afternoon, Hales said he received word from the hospital that the man had died as a result of his injuries.
On Wednesday, after confirmation that family members had been notified, the Park City Police Department identified the victim as Arjen Jager, age 70, of Nevada
Trending In: Park City
- Park City visitor arrested after confrontation with teens dressed as zombies on Main Street
- Amid influx of nightly rentals, Park City grapples with a changing community
- Amy Roberts: LDS Church’s call for a social media fast is suspiciously timed
- 5 things to do in Park City this weekend
- Park City voters receive mailer with exaggerated Treasure details