Deer wanders into Park City building as wildlife cases logged
July 7, 2016
The Park City Police Department last week responded to a variety of wildlife reports, including one case involving an animal that entered a building.
Some of the cases included:
- on Friday, July 1, an injured rabbit was seen somewhere along American Saddler Drive at 5:51 p.m. A police officer put the animal down. It had apparently been hit by a car, the police said.
- on Thursday, June 30 at 8:46 a.m., a moose was seen in a parking lot on Park Avenue.
- on June 30, a young deer reportedly "wandered" into a lobby of a building on the 2900 block of Deer Valley Drive at 7:11 a.m.
- on Monday, June 27 at 8:59 a.m., the police received a report of ducks in the road on the 1700 block of Kearns Boulevard. The ducks were seen close to Park City High School, the police said. They were gone by the time the police arrived.
The Police Department last week, meanwhile, also responded to several cases involving dogs.
On Saturday, July 2 at 7:14 p.m., someone told the police there were three or four dogs in a truck on the 500 block of Swede Alley. The windows were down, but the person was worried about the hot weather, according to department logs.
On Wednesday, June 29 at 6:26 p.m., a black Labrador was reported to be possibly running toward Park Meadows from Snow Creek Drive. The dog may have been frightened by thunder, the police said. The police were told it "got scared and broke the window" of a vehicle before running away.
In another case involving dogs, two were seen in a vehicle on Snow Creek Drive barking at 3:26 p.m. on June 29. They both appeared to be in distress, the police were told.
Trending In: Park City
- Snowboarder dies after accident at Park City Mountain Resort
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Storm brings awful road conditions to Park City area
- Mayflower land, site of massive development rights, put on market
- Dana Williams, a ‘real town’ mayor, retires after 12 years
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- PCMR skiers caught in out-of-bounds Scott’s Bowl
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights