Driver-deer collisions logged in Park City
September 27, 2016
The Park City Police Department logged at least two reports last week involving drivers hitting deer.
On Friday, Sept. 23, driver collided with a deer on S.R. 224 at 9:30 p.m. Nobody inside the vehicle was injured and the deer survived the accident, the police said. The damaged car was reported to be partially blocking the road.
Earlier that day, at 8:45 a.m., a driver hit a deer on the 5000 block of Royal Street. The vehicle was gone by the time the police arrived. Public police logs did not provide information about the deer.
The collisions last week followed shortly after similar cases earlier in September, including on Deer Valley Drive and in the vicinity of the intersection of Bonanza Drive and Deer Valley Drive. Deer and other wildlife is plentiful in the Park City area.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Tom Clyde: Parking lot culture
- Park City’s Grace Donahue and twins Livi and Gabby Rockwood sign letters of intent
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)