Driver hits pedestrian on S.R. 224
February 4, 2014
A driver struck a pedestrian midday Tuesday along S.R. 224, the Park City Police Department said.
The driver was on S.R. 224 at the location where the state highway intersects with Payday Drive and Holiday Ranch Loop Road, according to the police. The accident occurred at a little after noon.
The pedestrian, a man, suffered unknown injuries, Phil Kirk, a police captain, said. An ambulance took the man to the Park City Medical Center.
Kirk said a pickup truck that is part of the Park City Public Works Department fleet hit the man. The pickup truck was outfitted with a snowplow, Kirk said.
The Utah Highway Patrol is leading the investigation since the accident occurred on a state highway, Kirk said. Details about the accident, the injured person and the driver were not immediately available.
Trending In: Park City
- Removal of dining club licenses shakes up Park City establishments
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd
- Jeremy Ranch homeowners sue Summit County over use of entry gate
- Vail Resorts reports ski season metrics
- Park City man sentenced for threatening to kill Summit County Sheriff’s detective