Driver in Park City spit on by another motorist
January 2, 2015
A driver in the vicinity of Park City Mountain Resort in late December spit on another motorist, the Park City Police Department said.
It is an unusual report to the Police Department that was filed as Park City was becoming busier as the Christmas-to-New Year’s period approached.
The Police Department received the report at 8:54 a.m. on Dec. 22. It was logged on the 1300 block of Lowell Avenue. Rick Ryan, a police captain, said the victim told the police the man who spit on him was driving a red minivan. Ryan said it appears the victim’s window was open at the time.
The minivan drove away on northbound S.R. 224, Ryan said. The driver had brown hair, but the police were given few other details about the incident.
Ryan said the victim did not want to pursue charges against the man.
He speculated that the case is "some kind of road rage."
Recommended Stories For You
In an unrelated case, Ryan said the police early in the week received a report concerning an argument about a parking spot in the vicinity of PCMR. The Police Department responded, he said.
"I don’t know if people are just impatient, the end of their nerves," Ryan said.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City house, highly visible, deemed not to be historic
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Better Boundaries wants to find a way to redraw Utah
- Park City developer wants to put a King’s Crown on land
- Utah’s Medicaid expansion debate isn’t over, as The Project for Deeper Understanding rounds up advocates
- UPDATED: Park City Institute concert series will no longer be held at Deer Valley
- Deer Valley Music Festival 15th anniversary lineup announced
- Park City Mountain Grüvs into spring
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- Potential development now in Coalville City’s hands