Eggings in Park City: vandals struck, then scrambled away
February 12, 2013
The Park City Police Department since early February has received a series of reports involving some sort of vandalism to cars and trucks, including complaints that parked vehicles had been egged.
Vandalism involving vehicles is occasionally reported to the police, but the egging cases are unusual. The police were told multiple vehicles were targeted with eggs.
The cases included:
Meanwhile, on Saturday, Feb. 9 at 8:46 p.m., the police received a report from someone on Main Street that two tires on a parked vehicle were flat. The tires were fine when the driver parked there, the police were told. A tow truck was summoned. The police classified the case as criminal mischief.
In another case involving eggs, the Police Department on Sunday, Feb. 3 at 8:47 p.m. received a report that a man had egged an apartment on lower Iron Horse Loop Road. Someone was ordering the man to clean up the eggs, the police were told.
People with information about the case may contact the police at 615-5500 or the department’s anonymous-tip line, 615-5847. The department also operates an online tip form. The address is: https://www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=994.
Trending In: Park City
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested