Fender Strat ripped off in Park City smash-and-grab
February 5, 2016
Someone lost an electric guitar and an amplifier in a smash-and-grab burglary in Old Town early on Wednesday, the Park City Police Department said.
Phil Kirk, a police captain, said the car, a Subaru hatchback, was parked in the China Bridge garage with a Fender Stratocaster guitar and an amplifier manufactured by Ampeg inside. Kirk said the person parked the vehicle at 9 p.m. on Tuesday and discovered the damage and the equipment missing at 1 a.m. on Wednesday.
Kirk said the victim is a 27-year-old man from Salt Lake City who played concerts in Park City during the recent Sundance Film Festival. He went out with friends on Main Street the night the equipment was taken, Kirk said.
Kirk said someone broke the back window of the hatchback and took the guitar and amplifier. The combined value is just less than $2,000, according to the Police Department.
Kirk said there have been few reports of vehicle break-ins recently in Park City.
Anybody with information may call the Police Department at 615-5500.
Trending In: Park City
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested