Fisticuffs, drunkenness reported on Main Street
March 11, 2014
The Park City Police Department last week responded to a series of cases involving fisticuffs or drunkenness along Main Street.
The street has been busy with spring break crowds since early March, and the reports appeared to be typical for times when there are lots of visitors in town.
On Saturday at 1:14 a.m., two reports were logged from the same Main Street nightclub, where a fight apparently broke out. One of the reports indicated 10 people inside the nightclub might have been involved. It said some of the others involved might have left and were behind the Main Street post office.
In an online statement, the police said three suspects fled toward Swede Alley when officers arrived. The police took them into custody after a foot pursuit, the statement said. Two of them were found to have been involved in the fight. The statement said two of the suspects were arrested on charges of assault, disorderly conduct, failure to stop at the command of the police and intoxication. The third person who was arrested does not face an assault charge but was charged with the other counts. The online statement said a few people suffered minor injuries in the fight.
Some of the other cases included:
The Police Department last week also handled a series of suspected intoxication and drunken driving cases.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide
- Few commuters taking advantage of remote parking lot on Kilby Road
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City