Gun pointed at man in Park City
August 12, 2016
Someone pointed a gun at a man in Park City in early August while he was walking to work, the Park City Police Department said, indicating the suspect was gone by the time the authorities were called to respond.
The case was reported at 5:25 p.m. on Aug. 1 on or close to the 1400 block of Munchkin Road. Rick Ryan, a police captain, said the victim saw a man in a parked car as he was walking by. The man in the car pointed an unspecified sort of gun at the person, Ryan said. The person continued to walk and the two did not say anything to each other, he said.
The person arrived at work and told a co-worker of the incident. The manager called the police and officers responded to the business. Ryan said officers also checked the area for the suspect, who was driving a blue Chrysler PT Cruiser. Ryan said the person did not know the suspect.
Ryan said the suspect is a white man with a skinny build who is approximately 28 years old. He had light brown hair with a ponytail, a full beard and was wearing a brown T-shirt.
Ryan said the Police Department occasionally receives reports involving claims of someone brandishing a gun at someone.
Anybody with information about the case may contact the Police Department at 615-5500.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)