Impatient drivers in Park City motor down road shoulders
February 3, 2015
A few drivers in Park City did not want to wait in traffic along the entryways last week.
The Park City Police Department during the Sundance Film Festival received several complaints about drivers who used the shoulders or the center lane to pass. It is not legal for a driver to use shoulders or the center lane to pass.
The cases included:
Phil Kirk, a police captain, said driving on the shoulder is common in Park City, but the practice is more pronounced during Sundance. The traffic during Sundance is typically some of the worst of the year.
"Impatient people tend not to want to be queued up in line," Kirk said, adding that drivers during Sundance are more impatient than usual.
Kirk said driving in the shoulder is a "pretty dangerous driving maneuver."
Trending In: Park City
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken