Injuries in Deer Valley Drive accident deemed minor
December 27, 2013
Five people were injured in a traffic accident along Deer Valley Drive Thursday morning, the Utah Highway Patrol said.
The injuries were minor. Three women were taken by ambulance to the Park City Medical Center, according to the highway patrol. The two others did not require treatment at a hospital. The people are from the Park City area and the Salt Lake City area. The Utah Highway Patrol did not immediately release details about them.
Jed Jorgenson, a sergeant in the highway patrol, said the accident was reported at a little before 11 a.m. at one of the Marriott Summit Watch driveways. The driver of a Ford Edge was turning onto Deer Valley Drive from the driveway when a Chevrolet Astro southbound on Deer Valley Drive hit the Edge on the front driver’s side, Jorgenson said.
Five people were in the Astro and three were in the Edge. All of the injuries were reported by people in the Astro. The people in the Edge are from Texas, Jorgenson said. The driver of the Edge received a ticket for failing to yield, he said.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon
- Park City wildlife collisions involve deer, mountain lion
- Longtime employee purchases Main Street’s Norsk Leather & Fur Inc.
- Park City drivers: Brake, but do not swerve, to avoid wildlife