Injuries in Deer Valley Drive accident deemed minor
December 27, 2013
Five people were injured in a traffic accident along Deer Valley Drive Thursday morning, the Utah Highway Patrol said.
The injuries were minor. Three women were taken by ambulance to the Park City Medical Center, according to the highway patrol. The two others did not require treatment at a hospital. The people are from the Park City area and the Salt Lake City area. The Utah Highway Patrol did not immediately release details about them.
Jed Jorgenson, a sergeant in the highway patrol, said the accident was reported at a little before 11 a.m. at one of the Marriott Summit Watch driveways. The driver of a Ford Edge was turning onto Deer Valley Drive from the driveway when a Chevrolet Astro southbound on Deer Valley Drive hit the Edge on the front driver’s side, Jorgenson said.
Five people were in the Astro and three were in the Edge. All of the injuries were reported by people in the Astro. The people in the Edge are from Texas, Jorgenson said. The driver of the Edge received a ticket for failing to yield, he said.
Trending In: Park City
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Inaugural Virtual Identity Summit asks questions beyond headsets and ‘Westworld’
- Two Parkites are looking to join this year’s state legislative races
- Out of the shadows: Park City, seemingly idyllic, confronts drug problem
- Park City police blotter
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence