It was not all love and kisses on Main Street on Valentine’s Day
February 17, 2015
It was not all love and kisses along Main Street on Valentine’s Day.
The Park City Police Department responded to a series of cases on Saturday night, which was Valentine’s Day, and in the overnight hours of Sunday. Some of them involved suspected drunken people. In one of the reports, the police were told a man touched two women inappropriately, apparently inside a nightclub.
Main Street was busy last weekend as large crowds descended on Park City for the three-day Presidents Day weekend, which is traditionally a busy ski holiday, and Valentine’s Day.
Some of the cases reported to the Police Department last week included:
The Police Department on Feb. 15, meanwhile, arrested a person at 1:57 a.m. on a drunken driving charge at the intersection of 5th Street and Swede Alley. Public police logs did not provide details. An unspecified disorderly conduct report was logged on Main Street at 1:01 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 13.
Phil Kirk, a Police Department captain, said the department anticipated a packed weekend. Extra officers were on duty throughout the weekend, he said. Kirk said no serious injuries were reported as a result of the assault or drunkenness reports.
Recommended Stories For You
"It was very busy, especially at nighttime," Kirk said.
He said officers also monitored the traffic situation as the police were worried about the possibility of major backups.
It has been a busy stretch on Main Street for the Police Department since the middle of January, including responses to three suspected drug overdoses in one night in January. Large Sundance Film Festival crowds descended on Main Street shortly afterward and last week’s raucousness followed a little bit later.
Trending In: Park City
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Inaugural Virtual Identity Summit asks questions beyond headsets and ‘Westworld’
- Out of the shadows: Park City, seemingly idyllic, confronts drug problem
- Park City police blotter
- Teen found guilty in destructive Park City vandalism case
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence