Man knocked unconscious in Main Street confrontation
March 20, 2013
A man claimed he was knocked unconscious during a confrontation along Main Street in early morning hours on Tuesday, the Park City Police Department said.
The police received the report at 11:20 a.m. on Tuesday, hours after the incident. Phil Kirk, a police captain, said the confrontation occurred sometime between 12:30 a.m. and 1:30 a.m.
Kirk said the man was with a male friend at a restaurant-bar and encountered a woman who was a friend of the man’s ex-wife. The man and the woman started to argue before the man and his friend left, Kirk said.
The man, though, returned and continued the argument on the Main Street sidewalk outside the restaurant-bar, Kirk said, describing that a shouting match ensued. The man told the police the people with the woman attacked him. Three men assaulted him, the police were told. They "rushed him," Kirk said.
They punched the man an undetermined number of times, Kirk said. He told the police he lost consciousness during the attack.
The man, who is 30 years old and lives in Park Meadows, went to the Park Avenue police station later in the day to report the confrontation. He told the police he might have suffered a concussion. An ambulance was called to the police station for him. Kirk said the man declined to be transported to a hospital.
Recommended Stories For You
The man identified the other people involved and wants to press charges, Kirk said. The Police Department has spoken to the friend of the man’s ex-wife, he said. The investigation is continuing.
Trending In: Park City
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Inaugural Virtual Identity Summit asks questions beyond headsets and ‘Westworld’
- Social justice and engineering collide at VR summit in Park City
- Wells Fargo initiates massive foreclosure case against Talisker
- Out of the shadows: Park City, seemingly idyllic, confronts drug problem
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested