Man ‘wandering around aimlessly’ reported in Old Town
December 8, 2015
The Park City Police Department on Sunday, Dec. 6 responded to three complaints involving a man along Swede Alley in the overnight and morning hours.
It was not clear from public police logs whether the same person was seen in each of the reports.
At 8:40 a.m., a man was reported to be sleeping underneath a desk at the Old Town transit center, which is located on Swede Alley. Public police logs did not provide details, but the police intended to check on the person’s welfare.
Earlier that morning, at 2:48 a.m., a man was reportedly seen "wandering around aimlessly" on Swede Alley. The Police Department considered the circumstances suspicious, but the police logs did not provide details.
At 2:33 a.m., a man was seen sleeping in the back of a truck on Swede Alley.
Swede Alley, one block east of Main Street, is one of Old Town’s busier streets, and there is normally some sort of activity at all hours.
Recommended Stories For You
In what appears to be an unrelated case, a person was seen "curled up" on a bench somewhere along Park Avenue on Thursday, Dec. 3 at 7:55 a.m. The person was asleep outside a restaurant, the police said. The Police Department classified the case as suspected trespassing.
In another case apparently unrelated to the others, on Saturday, Dec. 5 at 11:59 p.m., the police received a complaint about people, described as homeless, entering a building on Prospector Avenue. The people apparently were seen on a stairwell landing sleeping and loitering, according to police logs. They also left a mess, the police were told. The Police Department described the circumstances as suspicious.
Trending In: Park City
- Teen found guilty in destructive Park City vandalism case
- Park City ballerina leaps into World Ballet Art Competition in San Diego
- High-ranking planning staffer will depart Marsac Building
- Dump truck sting finds safety violations widespread in Park City
- Mayflower land, site of massive development rights, put on market
- Amy Roberts: LDS Church’s call for a social media fast is suspiciously timed
- Park City visitor arrested after confrontation with teens dressed as zombies on Main Street
- Sheriff’s report: I-80 pursuit ends in arrest of man from Sandy
- The Park Record 2018 Voter Guide
- 5 things to do in Park City this weekend