Meet a Democratic congressional candidate in the Basin
February 19, 2014
Peter Clemens, one of the Democrats seeking the party’s nomination in the 1st Congressional District, is scheduled to hold a public event in the Park City area on Friday.
Part of the candidate’s Climb to Convention series of events, the Clemens campaign says people will have the opportunity to meet him on Friday.
The gathering especially offers delegates to the party’s state convention or people who want to serve as a delegate a chance to talk to the candidate, the Clemens campaign said. The event is open to anyone, though.
The event is scheduled from 5:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. in the auditorium of the Summit County Library branch at Kimball Junction. Clemens will offer remarks to the group, but the majority of time will be spent in one-on-one discussions, the campaign said.
It will be the first major Clemens event in the Park City area. The campaign is anticipating upward of 40 people will attend.
Clemens, a North Ogden physician, and Snyderville Basin resident Donna McAleer are competing for the party’s nomination. McAleer was the Democratic candidate in the 2012 election, losing to the Republican incumbent, Congressman Rob Bishop.
Trending In: Park City
- Snowboarder dies after accident at Park City Mountain Resort
- Deer Valley Resort announces capital improvements for 2019/2020 winter
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Storm brings awful road conditions to Park City area
- Outgoing Planning Commissioner: cohousing dispute had role in shake-up
- UPDATE: Park City police identify man found dead near cemetery
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- Park City looks to approve two food trucks
- Wyoming man sentenced for attempted murder at Summit County convenience store
- Osguthorpe Farm deal hinges on additional $375,000