Midday fire doused
March 21, 2014
The roof of a home located at 4015 Deer Valley Drive was completely engulfed in flames when Park City Fire District crews arrived on scene Friday at noontime. According to PCFD Battalion Chief Ray Huntzinger there were no injuries to civilians or firefighters and the fire was quickly contained.
He said the structure was under construction but the workers had been able to get outside safely. As a precaution, residents from one of the neighboring homes were evacuated but there was no damage to any other structures.
Four engine companies responded as well as Park City Police officers who helped with traffic control. A section of Deer Valley Drive between the roundabout and Mellow Mountain Road was closed for a short time.
Huntzinger said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Trending In: Park City
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business