Moose seen along Main Street
October 13, 2015
The Park City Police Department last week received at least two reports involving moose sightings, including one along Main Street.
On Saturday, Oct. 10 at 8:38 p.m., someone reported a moose was spotted on the 200 block of Main Street. The location is close to the top of the commercial section of Main Street. The police were told the animal was seen close to a stairway that connects Main Street and Park Avenue. The person who contacted the police was concerned the moose would startle someone. That could then spook the animal "and lead to problems," the person said, according to public police logs.
On Monday, Oct. 5 at 7:58 a.m., meanwhile, a bull moose was seen somewhere along Park Avenue. Public police logs did not provide details.
The Police Department occasionally receives reports of moose sightings in Park City, including in Old Town.
Trending In: Park City
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business