Moose seen in Old Town, in City Park
June 9, 2015
The Park City Police Department last week responded to calls regarding wildlife, including at least two moose sightings.
The police occasionally receive similar calls. The reports last week included:
Someone on Tuesday, June 2, meanwhile, reported seeing a wolf somewhere close to Mellow Mountain Road. The animal was headed to the road, the police were told. The person told the police the animal was larger than a German shepherd and had gray and black fur. Police officers, though, did not locate a wolf. The police sometimes receive wolf reports but find that the animal in question is a domesticated dog or a coyote.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City Planning Commission turns over
- Way We Were: A Journey Interrupted, part two
- Park City house, highly visible, deemed not to be historic
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Utah’s Medicaid expansion debate isn’t over, as The Project for Deeper Understanding rounds up advocates
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- Sundance, FIS Worlds overlap dates in Park City in 2019
- Guest editorial: A gondola could help mitigate Park City’s traffic problem
- Subway to move to Snow Creek Drive
- Park City killer took ‘whatever’ attitude toward victim’s popularity