Moose seen in Park City
June 13, 2017
The Park City Police Department since the start of June has received a series of reports of moose sightings, including on or close to roads.
The Police Department logs moose sightings regularly, but the reports tend to fall in the summer as the animals move to higher elevations as the snow melts. The cases last week were reported in several locations in Park City. It seems likely some of the reports involved the same animal or animals.
The cases last week included:
Police officers who respond to moose sightings typically monitor the animals to ensure people do not approach and the moose do not present a hazard for drivers.
Trending In: Park City
- UPDATED: Bob Wheaton, crucial ski industry figure, to leave Deer Valley Resort
- Park City drivers confused by one-way road in construction zone
- Letters: Sentence for driver in fatal crash unlikely to deter distracted driving
- After nearly a year of construction delays, Silver Summit Academy is open
- Park City construction sites loud and annoying, police told