Moose seen in Park City
June 13, 2017
The Park City Police Department since the start of June has received a series of reports of moose sightings, including on or close to roads.
The Police Department logs moose sightings regularly, but the reports tend to fall in the summer as the animals move to higher elevations as the snow melts. The cases last week were reported in several locations in Park City. It seems likely some of the reports involved the same animal or animals.
The cases last week included:
Police officers who respond to moose sightings typically monitor the animals to ensure people do not approach and the moose do not present a hazard for drivers.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Tom Clyde: Parking lot culture
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores