Moose seen in Park City
June 13, 2017
The Park City Police Department since the start of June has received a series of reports of moose sightings, including on or close to roads.
The Police Department logs moose sightings regularly, but the reports tend to fall in the summer as the animals move to higher elevations as the snow melts. The cases last week were reported in several locations in Park City. It seems likely some of the reports involved the same animal or animals.
The cases last week included:
Police officers who respond to moose sightings typically monitor the animals to ensure people do not approach and the moose do not present a hazard for drivers.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City’s first significant snow leaves mess
- New Main Street Deli owners take fresh look at established restaurant
- Lawsuit against Summit County over property on S.R. 224 could be dismissed, official says
- Park City police order woman out of McPolin Farm encampment
- Silver Creek residents upset over neighbor’s plans for indoor soccer facility