Moose seen in Park City
June 13, 2017
The Park City Police Department since the start of June has received a series of reports of moose sightings, including on or close to roads.
The Police Department logs moose sightings regularly, but the reports tend to fall in the summer as the animals move to higher elevations as the snow melts. The cases last week were reported in several locations in Park City. It seems likely some of the reports involved the same animal or animals.
The cases last week included:
Police officers who respond to moose sightings typically monitor the animals to ensure people do not approach and the moose do not present a hazard for drivers.
Trending In: Park City
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- Semi-truck leads deputies on chase through Kimball Junction
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- UDOT completes Utah’s largest wildlife crossing at Parleys Summit
- New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels