Moose seen in Park City
June 13, 2017
The Park City Police Department since the start of June has received a series of reports of moose sightings, including on or close to roads.
The Police Department logs moose sightings regularly, but the reports tend to fall in the summer as the animals move to higher elevations as the snow melts. The cases last week were reported in several locations in Park City. It seems likely some of the reports involved the same animal or animals.
The cases last week included:
Police officers who respond to moose sightings typically monitor the animals to ensure people do not approach and the moose do not present a hazard for drivers.
Trending In: Park City
- Republicans vying for state Senate seat emphasize transportation issues and local control
- Mountain lions prowl through Park City, Bear Hollow
- Two Parkites are looking to join this year’s state legislative races
- Transgender resident says community has been supportive
- Park City drivers jarred by road cuts on S.R. 224
- Tom Clyde: Vail Resorts is approaching ski town singularity, for better or worse
- Senate candidate Mike Kennedy talks DACA, climate change and Donald Trump in Park City
- South Point withdraws application for large development along Brown’s Canyon Road
- Park City woman drives through paid-parking gate
- Prosecutors accuse Park City graduates of sexual battery