No, you aren’t allowed to do that in Park City during Sundance
January 18, 2014
No, you aren’t allowed to do that.
Park City at some points during the Sundance Film Festival appears to be a free-for-all, but there are numerous City Hall rules in place meant to ensure things don’t get out of hand.
Much of the festival hubbub is along Main Street, and City Hall dispatches staffers to the street to monitor the goings-on. The Police Department, the Building Department and the Planning Department regularly are seen on Main Street during the festival to make sure the rules are not broken.
They check that people have business licenses if they are engaging in commercial activity and stop people from plastering buildings with film posters and handbills, among other duties.
City Hall published a document known as "Rules of the Road — Sundance 2014′ outlining some of the regulations as the festival approached. People risk a citation if they are seen breaking the rules, but violations are regularly seen anyway.
Some of the rules described in the document include:
Recommended Stories For You
The Rules of the Road are available on City Hall’s website, http://www.parkcity.org. Select ‘Sundance Film Festival’ from the ‘Doing Business’ button on the front page of the website and then ‘Rules of the Road.’ The direct link is: http://parkcity.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=10256.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City house, highly visible, deemed not to be historic
- Park City Planning Commission turns over
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Utah’s Medicaid expansion debate isn’t over, as The Project for Deeper Understanding rounds up advocates
- As Park City shooting victim dies, case against suspect starts
- UPDATED: Park City Institute concert series will no longer be held at Deer Valley
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- Deer Valley Music Festival 15th anniversary lineup announced
- Summit County plans major upgrades for Snyderville Basin roads
- Park City Mountain Grüvs into spring