Park City becomes Disney land for movie shoot
February 22, 2013
Park City was Disney land on Wednesday evening.
The entertainment company was in Old Town shooting scenes for a movie, creating a buzz among onlookers who stopped to watch in the cold weather.
The filming centered on a section of Park Avenue at the intersection with 7th Street. The crew set up temporary lights to illuminate the places where the scenes were filmed, including at the intersection itself and across Park Avenue outside High West Distillery. Pedestrians at some points were rerouted to the sidewalk on the west side of Park Avenue as the shoot was occurring.
The film crew stopped traffic briefly at different times as the cameras were rolling, but it did not appear to create backups. Park City police officers were assigned to monitor the scene.
At just after 9 p.m., the shoot was positioned in front of Davanza’s restaurant on Park Avenue.
"We’re rolling," a member of the film crew shouted.
Recommended Stories For You
Cast members slowly started walking down the sidewalk with the cameras rolling. In one scene, the actors appeared to be eating ice cream while they were walking down the sidewalk.
Andy Langton, the location manager for the film, said the director "really liked the perspective of the town" as he described the decision to shoot along Park Avenue.
Langton said the film will be broadcast on the Disney Channel, possibly next winter. The film is entitled "Cloud 9," and snowboarding champion Shaun White is an executive producer.
The crew filmed at other Park City locations like Park City Mountain Resort and Park City High School over the past two weeks or so.
Trending In: Park City
- Odyssey Dance Theatre’s ‘Thriller’ brings funky Halloween fun to Park City
- Park City ballerina leaps into World Ballet Art Competition in San Diego
- Autumn Aloft hot air balloon festival returns to Park City
- Mayflower land, site of massive development rights, put on market
- Decades of Park Record content added to University of Utah online archive
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)