Park City construction worker accidentally fires nail gun into thigh
February 14, 2014
A construction worker in Park Meadows was taken to the hospital on Wednesday after an accident involving a nail gun, the Park City Police Department said.
The accident was reported at a little after 3 p.m. on Silver Cloud Drive, a street on the eastern edge of Park Meadows. Phil Kirk, a police captain, said the man was walking on an icy surface and slipped, causing the nail gun to discharge. Kirk said the nail went into one of the man’s thighs. An ambulance took him to Park City Medical Center. The man was in fair condition when he left in the ambulance, Kirk said.
The man is 55 years old and lives in the Snyderville Basin.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City ballerina leaps into World Ballet Art Competition in San Diego
- Odyssey Dance Theatre’s ‘Thriller’ brings funky Halloween fun to Park City
- Autumn Aloft hot air balloon festival returns to Park City
- Veteran Park City developer joins Bonanza Park team
- Mayflower land, site of massive development rights, put on market
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)