Park City elections official
November 20, 2013
Park City’s 2013 city election results were finalized Tuesday by the Park City Municipal Corporation Board of Canvassers.
The Board of Canvassers must certify election results before they become official. The Board’s final counts include provisional and absentee ballots that were not available when unofficial election-day tallies were conducted. Such previously-uncounted ballots were not expected to alter the outcomes of any of the races, and they did not.
The Board confirmed Tuesday the unofficial tallies that resulted in Jack Thomas being elected Park City’s next mayor, Cindy Matsumoto being re-elected to the City Council and Tim Henney winning a seat on the City Council for the first time.
Park City had 5,422 registered voters at the time of the elections and 1,845 ballots were cast, according to the Board, which represented a 34 percent turnout.
The official 2013 vote totals, including provisional and absentee ballots, early voting and election day voting are as follows:
Park City Mayor:
Recommended Stories For You
- Jack Thomas 964 votes
- Andy Beerman 831 votes
Park City Council:
- Cindy Matsumoto 877 votes
- Tim Henney 875 votes
- Alex Butwinski 786 votes
- Mary Wintzer 757 votes
Thomas and Henney will assume their new positions on Jan. 1, 2014.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City house, highly visible, deemed not to be historic
- Park City Planning Commission turns over
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Utah’s Medicaid expansion debate isn’t over, as The Project for Deeper Understanding rounds up advocates
- As Park City shooting victim dies, case against suspect starts
- UPDATED: Park City Institute concert series will no longer be held at Deer Valley
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- Deer Valley Music Festival 15th anniversary lineup announced
- Summit County plans major upgrades for Snyderville Basin roads
- Park City Mountain Grüvs into spring