Park City parking problems persist for second straight week
January 5, 2016
The Park City Police Department last week dealt with numerous complaints about parking, the second consecutive week of similar issues, as large holiday crowds descended on the city.
The first week of problems was largely blamed on a significant snowstorm in late December that led to narrowing streets as the snow piled up on the sides of the road. The parking issues last week appeared to be a result of the large crowds, though.
The issues were spread through several Park City neighborhoods, and it appears Old Town was especially problematic. The Police Department received approximately 37 complaints, and it seemed that some of the reports involved multiple vehicles.
The number appeared to be down slightly from upward of 40 complaints logged the previous week, but the reports illustrated a continuing problem during the holiday period. The week-plus starting just before Christmas and ending after New Year’s is usually one of the busiest stretches of Park City’s calendar.
Most of the cases reported to the Police Department last week involved parking on public streets or in public parking lots. A few appeared to be in private lots where the Police Department does not have the same jurisdiction.
Public police logs did not provide details about many of the reports.
Recommended Stories For You
Some of the cases last week included:
On Dec. 29, meanwhile, nine parking problems were logged within an hour starting at 11:15 a.m. on Homestake Road. Other roads where parking problems were reported included Main Street, Swede Alley, Woodside Avenue, Deer Valley Drive, Prospector Avenue, Meadows Drive and Three Kings Drive.
Trending In: Park City
- Snowboarder dies after accident at Park City Mountain Resort
- Deer Valley Resort announces capital improvements for 2019/2020 winter
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Storm brings awful road conditions to Park City area
- Meet Luke Cartin, Park City’s new Environmental Sustainability Manager
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City ‘roof-alanche’ sends big snow pile onto Main Street sidewalk