Park City police involved in accident, other crashes reported
January 19, 2016
The Park City Police Department last week responded to a series of slide-offs and other traffic accidents.
One of the cases, on Jan. 15 at 5:17 p.m., involved a Police Department vehicle. Phil Kirk, a police captain, said an officer was responding to a traffic accident on Royal Street, driving southbound on Deer Valley Drive. Another driver turned left from lower Main Street onto Deer Valley Drive, Kirk said. The two vehicles collided, he said.
The officer was not injured. The driver of the other vehicle suffered a cut on her head, Kirk said. The Utah Highway Patrol was summoned to investigate.
Some of the other accidents reported last week included:
Kirk said none of the accidents involved serious injuries. He said roads were slick last week.
Some of the slide-offs, meanwhile, included reports on Sunday, Jan. 17 at 12:40 a.m. at the intersection of Heber Avenue and Swede Alley, 11:47 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 16 on S.R. 224, Jan. 16 at 9:17 p.m. on Woodside Avenue and Jan. 16 at 1:02 p.m. on Marsac Avenue close to the runaway truck ramp.
Trending In: Park City
- Snowboarder dies after accident at Park City Mountain Resort
- Deer Valley Resort announces capital improvements for 2019/2020 winter
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Meet Luke Cartin, Park City’s new Environmental Sustainability Manager
- Park City possibilities seen as Vail Resorts makes housing pledge
- Vail Resorts chief in Park City: More work needed on housing, wages
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City hotel teardown starts with brute force, power tools
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic