Park City police involved in accident, other crashes reported
January 19, 2016
The Park City Police Department last week responded to a series of slide-offs and other traffic accidents.
One of the cases, on Jan. 15 at 5:17 p.m., involved a Police Department vehicle. Phil Kirk, a police captain, said an officer was responding to a traffic accident on Royal Street, driving southbound on Deer Valley Drive. Another driver turned left from lower Main Street onto Deer Valley Drive, Kirk said. The two vehicles collided, he said.
The officer was not injured. The driver of the other vehicle suffered a cut on her head, Kirk said. The Utah Highway Patrol was summoned to investigate.
Some of the other accidents reported last week included:
Kirk said none of the accidents involved serious injuries. He said roads were slick last week.
Some of the slide-offs, meanwhile, included reports on Sunday, Jan. 17 at 12:40 a.m. at the intersection of Heber Avenue and Swede Alley, 11:47 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 16 on S.R. 224, Jan. 16 at 9:17 p.m. on Woodside Avenue and Jan. 16 at 1:02 p.m. on Marsac Avenue close to the runaway truck ramp.
Trending In: Park City
- Removal of dining club licenses shakes up Park City establishments
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd
- Jeremy Ranch homeowners sue Summit County over use of entry gate
- Vail Resorts reports ski season metrics
- Park City police find man staying in minivan