Park City police log another case of lift ticket reselling
January 15, 2014
The Park City Police Department was called to the 1300 block of Lowell Avenue, the same block number as Park City Mountain Resort, to intervene after a man was reported to be reselling lift tickets on Monday, Jan. 6.
The man was detained. The person who contacted the police wanted the man ticketed and ordered off the premises. The case was reported at 10:17 a.m. Reselling lift tickets is prohibited in Park City.
Public police logs did not provide additional details about the case.
The report was logged shortly after two similar complaints the week before.
Park City leaders enacted a law prohibiting reselling lift tickets in a move that was seen as supporting the city’s two mountain resorts, which were worried that lift tickets sold on the secondary market could cut into their own sales, among other concerns.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City ski season passes: Which ones to get, where they’ll take you and how much they’ll cost
- Mountain Town News: Everything’s on fire, reducing cars in Aspen and curbing cairns in Banff
- Deer Valley Resort chef brings experience to the small screen
- Park City couple encourages world travel through ‘Beautiful’ blog
- Driver involved in deadly 2017 crash on U.S. 40 sentenced to 120 days in jail