Park City police reach the dog days of summer, literally
It is the dog days of summer for the Park City Police Department.
The police last week received a series of reports involving dogs, including at least one report of a dog being left in a vehicle. The other reports included a variety of cases.
The cases reported last week included:
- on Saturday, July 12 at 4:40 p.m., a dog was reported to have been left in a parked car along the 1300 block of Deer Valley Drive. The police were told one window was open, but the vehicle was not parked in the shade. Public police logs did not indicate whether the dog appeared to be in distress.
- on July 12 at 4:23 p.m., at least one dog was reportedly seen tied to a tree along the 1800 block of Bonanza Drive. The person who contacted the police was concerned since it was hot outside, according to police logs.
- on Friday, June 11 at 6:41 p.m., the police received a complaint about a dog jumping on a car on Monarch Drive. The police were told the dog caused unspecified damage.
- on Monday, July 7 at 9:37 p.m., the police received a complaint about three dogs that barked continuously. The dogs were in a yard on Hillside Avenue.
- on July 7 at 7:02 p.m., the police received a report about a dog exiting a residence and coming after two people on Upland Circle. Public police logs described the two people as riders, but the logs did not identify their means of transportation. The dog owner was belligerent, the police were told. The person who contacted the police wanted Summit County Animal Control to remind the dog owner of leash laws, police logs indicated.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Park City and Summit County make the Park Record's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
It was an important decision since the rest of the talks will be heavily influenced by the processing option selected by the Planning Commission on Wednesday.