Park City vets plan poignant Memorial Day ceremony
May 26, 2017
The Park City post of the American Legion plans to hold a Memorial Day ceremony on Monday to mark the national holiday.
The ceremony is scheduled at 9 a.m. at the Park City Cemetery on Kearns Boulevard, the site of many previous Memorial Day gatherings. The event is expected to feature remarks by Dick Gallagher, who is a retired Navy vice admiral, as well as a lineup of others, including Brian Seay, who is the commander of the post, and Glenn Wright, a Summit County Councilor who has long been involved in the American Legion.
The event typically includes solemn words about the nation's fallen soldiers, a flag ceremony and the playing of taps. Past ceremonies have drawn crowds of varying sizes with veterans, families of fallen soldiers and political leaders attending.
Trending In: Park City
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)