Park City vets plan poignant Memorial Day ceremony
May 26, 2017
The Park City post of the American Legion plans to hold a Memorial Day ceremony on Monday to mark the national holiday.
The ceremony is scheduled at 9 a.m. at the Park City Cemetery on Kearns Boulevard, the site of many previous Memorial Day gatherings. The event is expected to feature remarks by Dick Gallagher, who is a retired Navy vice admiral, as well as a lineup of others, including Brian Seay, who is the commander of the post, and Glenn Wright, a Summit County Councilor who has long been involved in the American Legion.
The event typically includes solemn words about the nation's fallen soldiers, a flag ceremony and the playing of taps. Past ceremonies have drawn crowds of varying sizes with veterans, families of fallen soldiers and political leaders attending.
Trending In: Park City
- Hedge fund manager, injured skiing, sues Deer Valley for $60 million
- Inaugural Virtual Identity Summit asks questions beyond headsets and ‘Westworld’
- Social justice and engineering collide at VR summit in Park City
- Wells Fargo initiates massive foreclosure case against Talisker
- Out of the shadows: Park City, seemingly idyllic, confronts drug problem
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space